- Learn to "DIY". I want to learn to put up a shelf, paint properly and hang a picture frame on a wall. If Ben ever leaves me I can replace all of our wedding photos with photos of the cat and put them on the wall. In the shape of a cat.
- Drink more wine. I mean, I don't know if it's really medically possible or aligns well with my monthly budgeting, but I think it's important to have a stretch target isn't it?
- Learn to cook more things. And better. "More better things". I realised that the reason I don't enjoy cooking much might just be because the only things I can cook are a roast dinner, pasta or fajitas. I've got about a dozen cookbooks & I vow to use them.
- Worry less. 2015 was a year of wedding planning, balancing family & friends, and working stupid hours to pay for everything. I somehow feel that things I would have fretted about a few months ago just wouldn't matter to me now. It's amazing what a bit of perspective can do; 2016 shall be an anxiety-free year.
- Travel more. I want to see more of the world while I've got the chance (that sounds more ominous than it is), and this year I'm looking forward to some family holidays which makes me very happy indeed. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere with my Dad!
- Give more. I'm keeping up my monthly donation with Mind UK & I'm still going to be working as an ambassador for mental health in the office. I've also decided that this year I'll be donating to The British Heart Foundation on a monthly basis. The British Heart Foundation spend their research funding on understanding diseases such as angina, heart attacks, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms and high blood pressure. Heart and circulatory disease takes the lives of more than 400 people in the UK each day and this cause has genuinely never been closer to my heart (no pun intended!) than it is right now. The BHF are hosting a Wear It Beat It event on Friday February 5th this year, sign up your office and give more here: https://wearitbeatit.bhf.org.uk/
Tuesday, 5 January 2016
My New Years' Resolutions: Give More
© Reviews at Random. All rights reserved.